Creating a new professional medical services identity.
Micro Image Technologies Identity and Website Design
Micro Image Technologies is a trusted advisor to the most skilled surgeons and world-renowned hospitals throughout the Northeast, and has been since 1996. They needed to better establish their company to clearly illustrate their continued excellence and experience within the medical community. Prior to starting our engagement, Micro Image Technologies didn’t have much of a web presence and struggled to have a consistent and meaningful visual identity.
In partnership with the marketing agency, Dark City Digital, we worked with Micro Image to develop a professional identity and web presence consistent with the standards of their audience, namely hospital C-Suite Executives and senior hospital administrators. We began the project with the goal to build a significantly better perception as a professional services vendor to hospitals and surgical suites.
Dark City Digital developed the marketing strategy, collaborated on content strategy, helped develop messaging, and wrote all of the copy for the website. Chisel Design condensed all of their messaging and marketing into a singular brand statement, reinforcing who they are, namely “Precision Matters.™”
The result is a strategically and creative identity system that speaks to their professional audience, a design system that confidently represents their people and services across medical fields, and more clearly communicates areas of expertise.
- Build on their name recognition by designing a brand identity that visually anchors their business.
- Really help their business by providing the sales team with professional looking materials to help them stand out from competition.
- Create a brand image that exudes confidence about the science and technology equipped within the microscopes.
- Present them as professional, reliable, consultative, and service orientated.
- Visually resonate with an audience that includes hospital C-Suite Executives, Medical Doctors, Chairman of Surgeons, Biomedical Engineers, and IT/OR Directors.
- Their sales team now has professional tools to better do their job.
- Dark City Digital has since received several referrals for both marketing and design work as a result of this project.
- Micro Image has received numerous compliments about their new identity and website, raising both brand awareness and their expertise among hospital executives.
- Micro Image now has the ability to provide C-Suite Executives, Medical Doctors, Chairman of Surgeons, Biomedical Engineers, and IT/OR Directors product information and availability, which has helped expedite orders and grow the sales channel.
We designed the business cards to be folded so they could be used as name cards at meetings and events to easily identify themselves to senior hospital administrators and medical professionals. An elegant way to better differentiate Micro Image from their competition.
We also saved additional collateral by placing the brands they represent on the cards.
It goes without saying that we want them to be successful, even when writing letters to clients and prospective buyers. So we created both print and digital version of their letterhead.
Business Card Specs: 2 PMS colors + full-color digital, 3.5″ x 4″ and 3.5″ x 2″, Cougar Smooth 16 pt. cover, 1/2 fold, 2-sided
Letterhead Specs: 2 PMS colors + full-color digital, 8.5″ x 11″, Cougar Smooth Text 100 lb. with bleeds
IA, UX/UI and Website Design
Product offerings and highlighting expertise in this space continues to be at the forefront of Micro Image’s goals. We took their most sophisticated microscope and featured it on the home page, which helping their audience quickly find the information they needed. We organized the information to be products first, then highlight brands supported. Another important aspect to their business is centered around the certified pre-owned microscope market, which became another area of importance for potential buyers.
For the Contact Us page, we created an interactive regional map to better inform buyers of their representative. This simple mechanism helped reduce user confusion and further streamline the sales process.
The entirety of the experience operated to build credibility, help users find the information they seek, and further distinguish Micro Image as a trusted advisor to some of the most skilled surgeons and world-renowned hospitals throughout the Northeast.
Designing a high-quality Powerpoint template became essential as we better understood the company, their sales process, and who makes up their audience. Up to this point, the sales representatives created their own ad-hoc presentations, which led to a lot of inconsistencies and awkward presentations. We helped the sales team get onto the same page and headed in a common, professional, and unified direction. Because the template was professionally designed with their own product imagery, it helped them become more confident and focused in how they communicate in their presentations.